What makes our system different?
Unlike most commission-based sites we don't 'lock' you into the booking process until the deposit has been paid. From the moment you receive a booking enquiry from our site you're free to communicate with your potential guest via your preferred means, whether it be by email, phone or smoke signal.
How does this work in practice?
1. You receive an email enquiry via your webpage on Budget Getaways, and reply online with a quote. The guest accepts your quote and confirms their booking. the guest has the option of paying a deposit by either credit card (into our account) or by manual EFT into your account.
2. You will receive a regular online statement detailing all enquiries received for the particular period.
3. You indicate which of these enquiries resulted in a confirmed booking and their total rand value. Commission due on these bookings is then automatically calculated and an invoice emailed to you.
4. Payment is due on receipt of invoice.
5. Voila! Your account has been settled and you're ready to start the new month on a clean slate!
What happens in the case of a booking cancellation?
You will need to factor this into your own deposit refund policy, as we unfortunately cannot offer refunds once commission has been paid. This is in line with similar commission-based sites.
What happens if I deliberately fail to declare a booking?
The success of our unique 'honesty system' relies on trust and respect between the parties. In cases where the establishment fails to act in good fatih we reserve the right to blacklist the offending establishment from our website.
May I add the commission to my rates when quoting?
No. The price you quote via this this payment option must be the same as it would be for walk-in guests, as we assure our users of a 'Best Price Guarantee'.
Are there any other fees involved?
None whatsoever. We will set up your webpage at no charge. Plus, we won't charge you so-called 'admin fees' for updating your page, adding new images, etc.
What if I don't convert enquiries into bookings?
To remain on this option you will need to convert at least 1 in 10 enquiries - this is far lower than our general site average of around 1 in 5. Your conversion rate will be assessed every three months.
How do I make the most of my enquiries?
1. We highly recommend you keep an up-to-date Budget Getaways availability calendar - this will reduce the number of redundant enquiries you receive, and will help us help you.
2. Treat every enquiry as gold, by way of quick and comprehensive follow up (by email and a friendly phone call). This will improve your booking conversion rate.
3. Actively monitor your enquiry:booking conversion rate. If you are not converting at least 1 in 5 enquiries you are likely doing something wrong.
4. Repeat the following several times when you wake up in the morning: "Every booking enquiry is sacred." "Every booking enquiry is sacred." "Every booking enquiry is sacred..."