Betty's Bay Snapshot
Betty’s Bay was a historically a popular refuge for runaway slaves. Today it's a popular refuge for urban escapees. With bigger plots and tighter urban planning, its neater and more appealing (in our view) than Pringle Bay just up the way. From Betty’s Bay the road proceeds to Kleinmond and beyond to Hermanus. With a few exceptions, accommodation comprises private holiday houses handled through local letting agents.
Things To Do
- The Harold Porter Botanical Gardens in Betty’s Bay makes for a pleasant outing, offering walking trails and a tea garden.
- Also in Betty’s Bay, the Stony Point penguin colony is a sure-fire winner with children and should keep their pleas for ice cream at bay for an hour or so.
- Considered by some as the heart of the Cape Floral Kingdom, the Kogelberg Nature Reserve extends from Pringle Bay to Kleinmond. It incorporates both coastline and mountain terrain and has a number of trails and accommodation.
- The Kleinmond Coastal Reserve lies to the west of the town and presses deep into the mountain. The Palmiet River and lagoon intersects the heart of the reserve and is a good site for swimming and canoeing. The area tourism office is your contact for more info.
- All the coastal villages along this stretch of rocky coastline have beaches – some longer and some safer than others.
Where You'll Also Find Us
Arniston (Waenhuiskrans) • Barrydale • Baviaanskloof • Betty's Bay • Bonnievale • Bredasdorp • Caledon • Calitzdorp • Cape Agulhas & Struisbaai • Cape Peninsula & Surrounds • Ceres • Citrusdal • Clanwilliam & Cederberg • Darling • De Rust • Elands Bay • Gansbaai • George • Grabouw & Elgin Valley • Greyton • Hermanus • Hogsback • Knysna • Ladismith • Malgas • Matjiesfontein • McGregor • Montagu • Mossel Bay • Napier • Oudtshoorn • Paarl • Plettenberg Bay • Porterville • Pringle Bay, Betty's Bay and Kleinmond • Riebeek West & Riebeek-Kasteel • Robertson • St Helena Bay • Stanford • Stellenbosch • Stilbaai • Sutherland • Swellendam • Tulbagh • Velddrif • Vermaaklikheid • Wellington • Wilderness • Worcester & Hex Valley • Yzerfontein